Halloween and nothing is more frightening than a poem!
COUPLET of FEAR!
Dear Musea Reader,
Need a last minute gift idea to send from your computer? Though a little more than my books, each of my 9 cd’s is about $10 There is all type of music so anyone should find a song they like.
You can find it at i-tunes, amazon, cd Baby (link below) and all the other major music sites.
Pictured is the rare 9 CD, 150 song tin set.
Something in one of the oldie rock and roll songs I was listening to, got me to thinking about how all the arts have changed in my life. Then it dawned on me that I have been a small part of many of them. I was not a pioneer in most of them, but I caught on in the early stages. If you are an independent artist, I bet you were a part of many of these too.
Here’s my list:
1. Music revolution. Rock and roll really did change music. I got in on it when I started playing in bands and composing and recording music in the 60’s. So many of us teens did. The music then was so exiting. We thought it would never stop.
2. Literary revolution. Desktop publishing led to an explosion of zines in the late 80’s and 90’s. I saw a few local zines in a small shop near Fair Park, and began my own. Musea started publishing in 1992.
3. Internet revolution. The internet continues to change everything. As soon as I could I started my own zine website, music website, and blog. I also jumped on Myspace, and later moved to Facebook. We are still in the early days of all of that communications revolution. It seems to be stitching the world closer together in every way.
4. Film revolution. Part of the web was Youtube, the site for short films. That was a radical change of how we watched and made film. I began a youtube channel with short music videos, art revolution talk videos, poetry videos, art videos, and more.
5. Art and Painting revolution. Stuckism, lowbrow art, and my suggested Postism art movement all gained strength and challenged the trendy gallery stuff.
These have been exciting times. When you are in the middle of them, you sometimes miss their importance. I’m glad I was part of all of these.
(editor of the 23 year old zine Musea)
ZINE, Named one of the best ZINES by UTNE magazine. Featured on ROCKETBOOM)
MUSIC, 9 full CD’s of free Postism Music)
BLOG for Musea, Art Contests, Weekly E-mail Messages)
YOUTUBE CHANNEL, features all my 73 videos)
“The BIG LIST – 100 Plus Favorite Music
“BIG MUSIC LIST (200 Song – First Worldwide Best Music List) http://wp.me/p5S9X-36