Archive for the ‘Revolution in Arts and Media’ Category

3 Golden Ages in the Arts

February 1, 2020

3 Golden Ages in the Arts

From 1990 to 2020 there was a golden age of technology but no golden age of content in the arts. The mainstream mega corporations invented new tech, but couldn’t find content to fill them!

Through the last 30 years there has been a consolidation of companies connected to the arts and media into fewer and fewer hands. This consolidation has ruined almost all the arts from music, writing, and art, to film, theater, and dance.

But there are these 3 exceptions. They all have something in common. They all developed outside the control of the giant media art conglomerates. That means that in every case thousands competed, not 5 or so mega corporations like in the mainstream generic arts.

These three still remain unappreciated and underreported by the mainstream media.

Here are 3 that stand out for me.

1. Zines. The late 80s and 90s were the last golden age of literature before the net.
2. Online bloggers, and original youtube channels, are the new radio and TV. 3. The Korean wave of both K-Pop and K-Dramas developed innovative music and TV / films.

Tom Hendricks
Musea since 1992.

Some Key Links

November 9, 2019

Happy Birthday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udBT8n_WsAE

My 6 Books
https://musea.wordpress.com/2018/02/27/my-6-books/

Big LIst
https://musea.wordpress.com/2008/12/10/100-plus-best-music-from-youtube-and-myspace/

Rev in Art
https://musea.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/musea-extra-summary-of-the-revolution-in-art-visual-arts/

Works on the Web

October 19, 2019

Works on the Web Department.

Right now I have a lot of work on the internet, including:

Music:
150 Studio recordings on Spotify, I tunes, YouTube, hunkasaurus.com etc 100 demos of new songs on Youtube.

Writing:
5 Novels and one book of Plays streaming on Amazon, I tunes, etc.

Art
900+ works on a Pinterest Board, “Revolution in Arts?

Zine:
200+ issues of my zine Musea (1992-2019)

Updates:
Weekly updates, comments, news, on my blog musea.wordpress.com Or see my FaceBook page.

Main Website:
TomHendricks.us

Golden Age in Film

September 30, 2019

While Hollywood is slipping, there are 3 places where film is going through a golden age:

1. Youtube videos and video makers.
2. Non network TV series and documentaries
3. K – Dramas, South Korean TV Shows.

Music Quotes about the Music Revolution from Musea, since 1992

September 5, 2019

Music Quotes about the Music Revolution.
From Musea, since 1992

Time for a change in music – instead of just 3 companies controlling everything there should be thousands!

Musea, leading the music revolution against the “Big 3 Labels” that control the music industry.

Those born since the 90s have the delusion that mainstream music is supposed to be bad and not the best in the world.

The Big 3 Labels control manufacturing, distribution, promotion, reviews, concerts, radio, awards shows, music media, music charts, and streaming. Anything else they sue out of business by their watchdog organization, RIAA.

When you have to search out a musician’s music, they are probably making minimum wage, while 1% make 70% of all money in music.

When people hide their heads in the sand about all this, it’s the same as bowing down to the 3 CEOs that control and have ruined music.

Join us – thousands of musicians against the 3 CEOs that control the music industry.

Time to stop supporting the 3 old men, no women, that control all music, the Big 3, and start supporting all musicians. That includes ending the glass ceiling against all women in positions of leadership in the music industry.

Which side are you on, 3 CEOs, The Big 3, that control the music industry or all musicians?

Musicians need your support not your head in the sand!

Who here would get upset if there were more than 3 people who decided if you got a career in music or made minimum wage all your life?

The Big 3 control 80% of the music industry and their lawyers the other 20%.

When the music media blocks out the music revolution against the Big 3, they block out every musician making minimum wage or less = thousands of talented people.

Music revolution has two sides:
3 greedy CEOs that prop up the same 10 top 40 pop stars versus all the other musicians in the world.

Katy Perry spent $11 million on promoting one song!
Ed Sheeran’s “Divide” tour has made $736.7 million!
To make minimum wage through streaming on Spotify, a musician has to have 336,842 total plays. No musician can compete against the pop darlings of the Big 3 Labels!

Remember my ear is always open.


%d bloggers like this: