Archive for the ‘Texas’ Category

Music Quotes about the Music Revolution from Musea, since 1992

September 5, 2019

Music Quotes about the Music Revolution.
From Musea, since 1992

Time for a change in music – instead of just 3 companies controlling everything there should be thousands!

Musea, leading the music revolution against the “Big 3 Labels” that control the music industry.

Those born since the 90s have the delusion that mainstream music is supposed to be bad and not the best in the world.

The Big 3 Labels control manufacturing, distribution, promotion, reviews, concerts, radio, awards shows, music media, music charts, and streaming. Anything else they sue out of business by their watchdog organization, RIAA.

When you have to search out a musician’s music, they are probably making minimum wage, while 1% make 70% of all money in music.

When people hide their heads in the sand about all this, it’s the same as bowing down to the 3 CEOs that control and have ruined music.

Join us – thousands of musicians against the 3 CEOs that control the music industry.

Time to stop supporting the 3 old men, no women, that control all music, the Big 3, and start supporting all musicians. That includes ending the glass ceiling against all women in positions of leadership in the music industry.

Which side are you on, 3 CEOs, The Big 3, that control the music industry or all musicians?

Musicians need your support not your head in the sand!

Who here would get upset if there were more than 3 people who decided if you got a career in music or made minimum wage all your life?

The Big 3 control 80% of the music industry and their lawyers the other 20%.

When the music media blocks out the music revolution against the Big 3, they block out every musician making minimum wage or less = thousands of talented people.

Music revolution has two sides:
3 greedy CEOs that prop up the same 10 top 40 pop stars versus all the other musicians in the world.

Katy Perry spent $11 million on promoting one song!
Ed Sheeran’s “Divide” tour has made $736.7 million!
To make minimum wage through streaming on Spotify, a musician has to have 336,842 total plays. No musician can compete against the pop darlings of the Big 3 Labels!

Remember my ear is always open.

Past Copies of Musea

July 1, 2019

Dear Reader,

Musea is 27 years old this year. Some collectors may be interested in buying past issues.
My suggested price for my past issues is $100.00 for each copy in fine condition and $25,000 for all 205 issues in fine condition.

Tom Hendricks.

The Blockers

March 15, 2019

The Blockers.

These are media sources, advocacy groups, etc. that do not talk about progressive music, musicians, or music ideas. Why? Time to ask them! Readers suggest others you think should be on the list.

To get your name off the list, report the news in a way that is fair to all.

1 NPR (radio)
2. Dallas Observer (media)
3 Dallas Morning News (media)
4. KERA (radio)
5. Commercial Stations (radio / tv)
6. KNON (Dallas music radio station)
7. Texas Music Office (gov. org.)
8. KERA (radio)
9. Texas Music Magazine
10. TYT, the Young Turks (media watchdog)
11. Project Censored (media watchdog)
12. FAIR (media watchdog)
13. Texas Standard (radio news.)
14. Takeaway (radio news.)
15. Billboard (music media)
16. Rolling Stone, Spin, etc. (music media)
17. SXSW (music festival)
18. Digital Music News (music media).
19. BBC (and all foreign press.)
20. Pop Culture Happy Hour (radio show)
21. Think (Dallas radio show).
22. All Songs Considered (radio show)
23. KXT ( Dallas music radio station.)
24. The Tech giants (all of them that deal with music.)

Musea #204 Online

December 1, 2018

Dear Reader,

Musea issue #204 is now online at the musea.us website.
This is the RECAP issue, that sums up the first 25 years.
See what you think!

Tom Hendricks

The RECAP issue, #204

November 19, 2018

Dear Reader,

The new issue of Musea #204 is out at the usual suspected places, been mailed to the usual suspects, and will be online at the slightly suspicious Musea website soon!

This issue is the RETROGRADE Issue, a recap of the last 25 years and 203 issues that went before. Lots of surprises here for every reader, from the casual to the faithful!

Look and see what you think. Comments welcome.

Tom Hendricks – editor.


%d bloggers like this: